We have a major release today on how Hoiio Developer account works. There is now a separate billing account for developers.
Don’t fret, this will not break your code!
This is the story.. When we started Hoiio developer program, we wanted to let developers use a single sign-on, with a single billing account, for both Hoiio Developer and Hoiio Personal. (If you don’t know what is “Hoiio Personal”, it is a consumer side of Hoiio, providing friendly communication apps)
Developers can conveniently use the same set of credentials to login the 2 portals, and use Hoiio credits for both Hoiio API and also Hoiio apps! This is similar to the concept of Facebook user and Facebook developer.
However, we have decided to split the accounts for the good of developers.
This is what it means for you:
- You now have 2 billing accounts. One for Hoiio Developer, and one for Hoiio Personal.
- The Hoiio credits in these 2 accounts are for different usage, and cannot be shared.
- Your Hoiio Numbers must be allocated either for Hoiio Developer or for Hoiio Personal.
There are things that remains the same:
- You use the same credentials to log in.
- Of course, all functionalities are still available.
If you wonder why we are doing this.. We wanted to give free $10 trial credits to every new developer. The trial credits comes with restricted use, and cannot be shared with Hoiio Personal account, hence a split is needed. We will provide more information about this trial credits in the next post.