Today, we are taking a bold step towards pricing.
Hoiio API Pricing is now pushed onto Github, with version control, and fully transparent! Call it “open source”, if you like!
By going to our Github repos, you can
- browse the comma delimited CSV files,
- download all the pricing in all the 6 currencies we support,
- watch the repos and get notified when we make any changes,
- check out the changes (such as lowering of costs!)
- comment on our commits,
- and even fork, change, and push, if you felt the prices are incorrect!
Cheers to Github! It’s no longer just a tool for social coding.
There were 12 changed files. The comment in the commit will tell you why we make the changes.
In Numbers-AUD.csv, it clearly shows an added line “GB, United Kingdom, 44, 2.1“.
(The phone number prefix for UK is 44, and the cost is $2.10 AUD)
You can also browse the tags, which we use as the date when that pricing is effective.